Roku N1100 3
The Roku N1100 HD Media Player is equipped with in built Wi-Fi and High Definition playback capability. It provides the easiest way to stream top-quality instant movies and shows directly to your TV – over 50,000 and counting, from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and more. The best-selling HD Player has everything you need to get started enjoying endless amusement from the ease of your couch.
Manufacturer’s Description — April 21, 2009Manufacturer’s Description – The Roku player without any delay delivers HD-quality movies and TV shows directly to your TV over the Internet. The lowcost Roku player is compact, easy to set up and intuitive to use.
- Choose from over 90,000 movies and TV shows, with thousands available in HD
- Purchase or rent the latest new release movies and TV shows
- Start a one-month free trial of Amazon Prime and get unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of more than 5,000 movies and TV shows
- Begin watching instantaneously – no waiting for a download
- Pause, fast-forward, rewind, or watch it over again – just like a DVD
Roku N1100 3 Photo
Roku N1100 3 Picture
Roku N1100 3 Picture
Roku N1100 3 Photo
Most helpful customer reviews
729 of 744 people found the following review helpful.
Amazing product and brilliant bang-for-your-buck
By D. J. Hampton
I purchased this in January, 2009 to add some additional value to my Netflix subscription. It has far surpassed my expectations, and has proven to be one of the best $100 I have spent in a long time. This is true especially in a down economy.
Here are the pluses, and the minuses, I have seen in the product after 2 months of daily use
1) Huge money saver: Having this box has allowed me to drop from 3 disks unlimited to 1 disk unlimited as well as drop cable entirely. The addition of Amazon on Demand is an even bigger value in that newly released movies will also be in abundant supply.
2) Ease of Set-up and use: I am a die hard apple fan because of their ease of use, and the set-up process was the easiest I have ever experienced. In less than 4 minutes I was watching a Netflix stream on my Sony HD TV. Also, the user interface is as straightforward as possible. A lot of thought went into it, and it shows. Bravo for one of the simplest interfaces I have ever utilized.
3) Clarity of picture: Unsrupassed and almost full HD. Often forget we are streaming over the internet.
4) It just works as advertised!
5) Service: Video was skipping and contacted the customer service. You would never believe that a real live person answered the phone within 5 minutes on a Sunday night. Turns out it was a nework problem (see below). Amazing customer service!
1) The quality of your picture is tied to your internet speed. This has only been an issue once. My Charter Cable modem service averages above 4 meg downstream, but every once in a while the network performance drops. A call to charter fixed it. This is in no way an issue with the device, just something to be aware of. Check with your service provider on your speed before buying.
2) Direct Ethernet connection recommended for best picture: This is a limitation of my wireless network, but you may also have a similar set-up. My laptop has a G wireless card, and when it gets online the whole network slows down, and wireless video quality suffered. Solved it by using a direct ethernet connection, and recommend for everyone who is able to. Much more stable and very limited intereference.
That is my review to date. If you have Netflix and want to get Amazon on Demand there are few things that will be a pleasure to use and that will provide as much bang for your limited dollars. Thank you Roku, Netflix, and Amazon for such a wonderful product.
188 of 198 people found the following review helpful.
My best-spent entertainment dollar ever!
I was already a rent-by-mail convert — switching between Blockbuster and Netflix for a couple of years. For an extra $99, this box has already piped in hundreds of hours of tv shows and movies, filling in the wait times between disks. The Netflix instant movie selection started out not great, but recently they have rotated in some big films like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, pop hits like Superbad, the original “Grindhouse” double feature package, as well as lots of older and more obscure releases for adventurous cineastes like me, with NO extra charge to a regular Netflix membership. The addition of Amazon streams will soon make a good thing even better, and more providers should be coming into the mix soon. I’ve had the player since its introduction in May, 2008, and I’ve gotten enough mileage out of it that if it blew up today, I’d have gotten way more than my money’s worth.
I’ve heard a fair number of technical complaints from other owners, but mine hasn’t even had a single glitch since purchase. With the exception of occasional problems at the Netflix servers, and rare errors in Netflix video encodes (for instance, they sometimes accidentally put the director’s commentary track onto a video intead of the theatrical soundtrack, but I think they’ve tightened up the quality control recently in this respect), it JUST WORKS! In these economic times, there’s a lotta bang for the buck in this tiny box!
159 of 168 people found the following review helpful.
Kill the cable
This little box rocks. I have killed of all but my local channels on cable. This may have been the best $99. I have spent in years. My sons and I use it everyday. At first I was concerned about content, but there are like 12000 things to choose from…We have watched season 1,2 and in the process of season 3 of Heroes. You have no idea how cool it is to see shows like this with no commercials. Tons of movies to choose from. I really like the fact that the company has more than delivered on what they promised. I bought the box to add to my Netflix and now I can get amazon video on demand as well, and it didn’t cost anything for the upgrade. How often has that happened…I am getting a ton more than I paid for. LOVE IT.
See all 1051 customer reviews…